Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO’s responsibilities include leader, capital raiser, risk manager, marketer, and relationship manager. Specifically, the CEO will:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the organization develops and operates under a relevant strategic plan and guide the organization toward accomplishing the strategic plan’s goals and objectives. If necessary, recommend adjustments to the goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and pursue appropriate opportunities that enable the organization to meet or exceed its strategic goals and achieve greater impact, ensuring all programs, policies, and plans are in concert with the organization’s mission.
- Lead the staff in developing annual plans that move the organization forward in pursuing the goals and objectives in the plan. Report on progress and challenges to the Board of Directors.
- Build relationships, including with the Board of Directors, Board Committee members, NWA, other CDFI leaders, investors, funders, and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain and increase NC’s positive strong identity within the NeighborWorks network and the broader world of community development.
- Lead the efforts to raise appropriate capital for the organization to ensure an adequate supply of appropriate capital to meet the evolving needs of NWOs, including longer term capital for permanent loans.
- Stay abreast of innovative CDFI capitalization strategies and recommend appropriate directions to the Board of Directors; work with the CFO to implement the capitalization plan.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with NWA, other funders and investors, and potential funders and investors.
- Ensure NC is in compliance with investor covenants and requirements.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the members of the Senior Team to ensure that customer service, loan production, portfolio and capital/financial management, and reporting systems are timely, efficient, and of high quality, and that the activities of all divisions are in alignment with the mission and strategic goals.
- Strengthen the organization’s leadership development and human resource systems for individual development, performance planning, training, recognition, reward, and career growth.
- Attract, hire, supervise, and retain a well-qualified, diverse, and capable team.
- Ensure a firm organizational commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion internally and externally.
Marketing & Communication
- Manage and grow the organization’s capacity to lend and implement all of its products and services.
- Build and maintain a strong customer orientation with NWOs to help meet their financing demand.
- Build the brand of the organization and ensure that it operates with an appropriate marketing strategy to accomplish its goals.
- Act as the chief spokesperson to media, partners, and stakeholders.
- Work with staff and consultants to develop annual reports, marketing materials, and an appropriate social media presence for the organization.
Personal Characteristics and Professional Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be mission driven. They must be highly organized with strong planning, management, supervisory, and motivational skills. They also must possess:
- Entrepreneurial and strategic leadership with substantial experience in community development and affordable housing finance.
- Experience working with diverse communities and organizations.
- Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, balanced by the capacity to implement lending programs, capitalization strategies, and marketing efforts.
- A track record of forming and implementing partnerships with the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to raise private, public, and foundation capital. Experience in attracting new and innovative capital is beneficial.
- Comfort working with a broad range of personalities, cultures, and styles and for building and supporting a strong team.
- An action-oriented, creative, innovative, and analytic work style.
- Minimum of five years of senior managerial and ten years of relevant professional experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
NC is planning to offer a base salary of $270K to $320K and offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, short- and long-term disability, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO & sick leave, life insurance, 6% contribution to 401(k), transportation subsidy, and the potential for a performance bonus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is NC’s commitment to treat all its employees and candidates for employment with dignity and respect and to provide a workplace that is free from discrimination, whether that discrimination is based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee organization, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or other non-merit factors. NC is committed to diversity and inclusion, and our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.